- Solid Analytical Skills in X86 Server Hardware. Knowledge in OS (Solaris,Linux,Windows)/Storage (Tape,Disk)/TCP,IP network.
- Remote support or similar experience in addressing customers' technical issues toward customer satisfaction.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and good service engagement attitude.
- Team working.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability and willingness to take shift/rotation work to cover 7*24, rotation includes shift on nights and occasional weekends / public holidays.
- English fluency, verbal and written. Ability to fluently communicate with people of English speaking countries.
- Chinese fluency, verbal and written.
One or both of the following language skills is a strong plus:
- Familiarity with Oracle Engineered System (Exadata) / Oracle DB / Cloud is definitely a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle System Support procedure and policy is definitely a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
?As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).